Poslovni citati iz (uglavnom) IT sveta
- Life is not fair, get used to it.
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn’t have tenure.
- Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
- I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.
- The best way to prepare to be a programmer is to write programs and to study great programs that other people have written.
- In this business, by the time you realize you’re in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless you’re running scared all the time, you’re gone.
- Whether it’s Google or Apple or free software, we’ve got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes.
- Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you, Find yourself.
- If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?
- I’m a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can achieve the kind of freedoms that they’re interested in.
- As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.
- At Microsoft there are lots of brilliant ideas but the image is that they all come from the top – I’m afraid that’s not quite right.
- Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There’s a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.
- I actually thought that it would be a little confusing during the same period of your life to be in one meeting when you’re trying to make money, and then go to another meeting where you’re giving it away.
- I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.
- Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don’t think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking about the other.
- Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
- I think we’re having fun. I think our customers really like our products. And we’re always trying to do better.
- Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.
- You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.
- Any program is only as good as it is useful.
- Finnish companies tend to be very traditional, not taking many risks. Silicon Valley is completely different: people here really live on the edge.
- I like to think that I’ve been a good manager. That fact has been very instrumental in making Linux a successful product.
- Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.
- See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too.
- There are lots of Linux users who don’t care how the kernel works, but only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
- A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.
- And obviously, from our own personal point of view, the principal challenge is a personal challenge.
- Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.
- Ridiculous yachts and private planes and big limousines won’t make people enjoy life more, and it sends out terrible messages to the people who work for them. It would be so much better if that money was spent in Africa – and it’s about getting a balance.
Citati koje možemo svrstati među poslovne, iako u osnovi to nisu:
- Charles Mingus – Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that’s easy. What’s hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.
- Charles Mingus – Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.